BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East
7525 Two Notch Road, Columbia, SC 29223-6219
Phone: 803/736-6666 | Fax: 803/788-6011 | 108 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the brand new BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East, your home away from home.
Our hotel is very convenient for our business and leisure travelers. There are several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. We are just minutes from the Northeast and Blythewood Business Districts which include Fort Jackson, Blue Cross Blue Shield, CSC, Bose®, Aetna, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, and Verizon.
Downtown Columbia is only seven miles away, which is less than 15 minutes away! In downtown Columbia, you can enjoy The Congaree Vista, Five Points, and the historic areas of Columbia, University of South Carolina, Benedict College and Allen University. The Columbia Metropolitan Airport is only 19 miles away. The Charlotte Douglas International Airport is 87 miles from our location.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East was designed with you in mind. We offer an outdoor heated pool, state of the art fitness center, a full hot breakfast, 37-inch flat panel LCD high definition television, high-speed Internet, and complimentary Wi-Fi. All rooms have a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot.
We are conveniently located to many shopping areas including Columbia Place Mall, Village of Sandhill Mall, Spring Valley, Richland Fashion Mall, and Forest Acres.
While the business travelers can enjoy our relaxing environment, and close proximity to business districts in Columbia, our leisure travelers can also enjoy Sesquicentennial Park, Plex Indoor Sports, the West Columbia Riverwalk, Finlay Park in downtown Columbia, Riverbanks Zoo, Frankie's Fun Park, and the many attractions that the capital of South Carolina has to offer.
Our wonderful customer service representatives at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East are exemplary, and will be glad to assist you in any way.
Hotel will charge a $300 fee for smoking in a non-smoking room.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Outdoor pool heated, closed from September through May.
- Exercise facility 24 hour
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish
- Guest laundry, laundry care center open from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. for a nominal fee
- Cable or satellite television, Time Warner Cable available with about 70 channel HBO®, ESPN®, ESPN-2®
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, 24-hours, free
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, incoming and outgoing mail is available
- Meeting facilities, we do have a meeting space that can hold up to 100.
- Conference facilities, we have a large conference room available that can hold up to 75 people.
- Convenience store/Sundry, the Suite Shop is located in the lobby for your convenience.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary USA Today available in the lobby
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus columbia north east in Columbia.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East
Conveniently located, the best western plus columbia north east in Columbia, South Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 34.076565 / Latitude: -80.944925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: I-77 North. Take Exit 17 (Two Notch Road). Make a left turn at the light. Keep straight through one light, and make a right on Barbara Drive and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East will be on your immediate left.
From: I-77 South. Take Exit 17 (Two Notch Road). Merge right onto Two Notch Road. Keep straight through one light, and make a right on Barbara Drive and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East will be on your immediate left.
From: I-20. From I-20 East and I-20 West take Exit 74 (Two Notch Road). Make a right at the light. Keep straight on Two Notch Road and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East will be on your left hand side, right beside Haverty's.
From: Fort Jackson Main Gate. Take I-77 North take Exit 74 (Two Notch Road). Turn left at the light onto Two Notch Road and keep straight through one light. Make a right onto Barbara Drive and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East will be on your immediate left.
From: Downtown Columbia. Take Bull Street to SC-277. Take Exit 73a (I-20 East Florence Exit). On I-20 East take Exit 74 (Two Notch Road). Make a right at the light onto Two Notch Road and keep straight through two lights, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East will be located on your left.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A top outdoor destination in McCormick, Baker Creek State Park is an ideal place to visit in South Carolina. West of Columbia, Baker Creek State Park opens to the public on March 1st; it stays open until September 30th. The main attraction at Baker Creek State Park is Lake Thurmond.
Lake Thurmond is more than 71,000 acres in size, yielding a bounty of exciting aquatic adventures like fishing, boating, and lots of birding. As you explore Baker Creek State Park, be sure to also venture through the more than 10 miles of trails for bikes and hikes.
A public airpark, the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) serves the Columbia metropolitan area and other cities with the South Carolina Capital Region. Passenger service airlines include American, Delta, United, and US Airways – while cargo services use UPS Airlines and FedEx Express.
Covering 2,600 acres, CAE is also a UPS Southeastern Regional Hub – and features two runways. Owned by the Richland-Lexington Airport Commission, CAE serves over one million passengers each year.
Featuring more than 8,800 works of art, the Columbia Museum of Art offers a diverse collection spanning centuries of history. These pieces include Claude Monet’s painting, The Seine, the Kress Collection and pieces of Tiffany glass to name a few. Tours are offered from an in depth perspective all the way to self guided, depending on what type of visit you choose to have. Children and school tours are also welcome to immerse themselves in art dating back to ancient times.
Since its establishment in 1950, the museum has relocated from its original location at the intersection of Bull and Senate to Main Street in Columbia, South Carolina. One of the highest ranking art institutions, the museum is worth a stop when traveling through South Carolina’s Upcountry.
Created in 1990, Dreher State Park is just west of downtown Columbia in the capital city region of South Carolina. With nearly 350 acres of land to explore at Dreher Island State Park, you'll find a wealth of fun outdoor activities in which to partake. Fishing, boating, swimming, kayaking, and bird watching are just a selection of what you can do at Dreher Island State Park.
Because Dreher Island State Park is situated, basically, on Lake Murray, you'll have miles of shoreline to explore – anglers, from the novice to the veteran, often land large hauls of striped and large-mouth bass. Dreher Island State Park is pet-friendly, and it's open year round, with a small entrance fee.
Enjoy time outdoors, while visiting South Carolina's Capital city of Columbia. This vibrant city is home to several wonderful parks, including Memorial Park, Granby Park, Martin Luther King Jr. Park, Sesquicentennial State Park, Riverfront Park and Finlay Park. Make your way to downtown Columbia, for a day of fun in the 18-acre Finlay Park, named after former city mayor, Kirkman Finlay. The park was established as Sidney Park in 1859 and renovated in 1990. One of the more prominent features of the park, is the beautiful, spiral waterfall Finlay Park Fountain.
Throughout the years, Finlay Park has become a popular location for many city special events, festivals, concerts and gatherings. Stroll through the park grounds for a relaxing day outside, while listening to the water cascade off the fountain, into the lake.
Bring your baseball for a family baseball game on the playing field, watch the kids play on one of the park's playgrounds and enjoy a picnic lunch on a park picnic table. While in the area, schedule time to visit Congaree National Park, a 22,200-acre park located south of the city. Whether staying in the Upcountry Region for one night or several days, settle into a comfortable Best Western guest room, and enjoy a peaceful night's rest.
Explore the 763 acres at Goodale State Park on your next visit to central South Carolina. Not far outside of Columbia, Goodale State Park can be found in Camden, and is open year round from mid-March through the end of November; Friday through Sunday from December 1 through March 14.
A pet-friendly park in South Carolina, Goodale State Park was created in 1973 – it's named for N. R. Goodale, a local man who helped in the initial creation of the park. Be sure to enjoy your time at Goodale State Park with a wilderness canoe trip, a pleasant hike, or some bird watching.
Entrenched along the Savannah River in western South Carolina, the Hamilton Branch State Park offers a variety of outdoor and aquatic recreation to visitors years round. Sitting on a peninsula, the 731-acre park joined the State Park Service in 1972, and has been a delight to outdoor enthusiasts ever since.
Just west of Columbia, you'll find no shortage of pristine, beautiful waters, ideal for on-the-lake family adventures. Take the boat out on the 70,000-acre Strom Thurmond Lake for seemingly endless bass, crappie, catfish, striper, and bream fishing. Onshore, be sure to pack a lunch and utilize one of many picnic shelters or explore the wooded regions via the short biking trail. Let the kids burn off some extra steam on the playground equipment and visit the gift shop to take a piece of Hamilton Branch State Park home with you.
Tucked away inside of western South Carolina's pine woods, Hickory Knob State Resort Park offers an ideal get away for golfers and vacationers looking for an outdoor retreat. The park's primary attraction is the 18-hole, championship layout golf course along the Strom Thurmond Reservoir – located due west of Columbia. The course is open to the public and accommodates all levels of play – complete with driving range, clubhouse, practice green, and lounge.
Aside from world-class golf, the park offers so much more to its visitors. Other sporting activities include an archery range and skeet shooting, as well as boating and fishing on Lake Thurmond. Better yet, stay on land and explore the lush biking/hiking trails. You're sure to find something for everyone at Hickory Knob State Resort Park.
Known locally as the host of the South Carolina Festival of Flowers Triathlon, Lake Greenwood State Park also offers a variety of marine and outdoor recreational activities to its visitors year round. Given its namesake, vacationers travel to the park to enjoy Lake Greenwood – over 11,000 acres of beautiful, central South Carolina waters.
Just outside of Columbia, experience the adventurous fishing and boating, but don't forget that the park boasts outstanding recreation onshore as well. Complete with fishing from the pier, nature trails, picnic areas, and nearly 1,000 acres of parkland, outdoor enthusiasts are sure to feel right at home.
Ideally entrenched along the shores of Lake Wateree, this state park is a dream-like retreat for vacationers looking to experience the great outdoors of central South Carolina. Take in the great deal of fishing and boating opportunities along Lake Wateree – complete with boating ramp, tackle shop, and refuel center.
Lake Wateree State Park is great for the entire family as well. Enjoy an adventurous day using the designated swimming areas, picnic shelters, and numerous hiking and mountain biking trails that wind through the parks beautiful wooded scenery.
Dubbed the "mountains of the midlands," Poinsett State Park covers over 1,000 acres of the South Carolina coastal region. Located just outside of Columbia and northwest of North Charleston, the park is an ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts year round.
Poinsett State Park was established in 1934, and has since become a prime location for hiking, biking, fishing, and boating. The park is surrounded by the Manchester State Forest, lending to the natural beauty and wildlife. The park also houses amenities like wireless internet, a gift shop, and picnic shelters.
Built in 1859, the Redcliffe Plantation State Historic Site was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. The plantation was owned and constructed by James Henry Hammond, South Carolina senator, congressman, governor, and cotton planter. The plantation, donated by a descendant of Hammond, now serves as a popular tourist attraction just outside of Columbia.
The plantation delights visitors with its original decor, artifacts, and structure, all representative of 19th century central South Carolina. Guests are encouraged to visit the on-site gift shop located in the mansions basement as well.
Created in 1937, Sesquicentennial State Park covers 1,419 acres in scenic, central South Carolina, just northeast of Columbia. Due to its convenient location to Columbia, "Sesqui," as it's affectionately known as, offers a retreat from the hustle and bustle of big city life.
Explore the luscious hiking and mountain biking trails or rent a kayak/canoe and take it out on the pristine waters. This park is nearly 100% pet friendly, making it an ideal destination for traveling families. The park frequently hosts events as well – National Trails Day Hike, Family Fishing Clinic, Movie Night, and much more.
Opened in 1988, the South Carolina State Museum encompasses the rich history of all regions throughout the state of South Carolina into one site in the capital city of Columbia. The museum was built within the building of the old Columbia Mill, which was the first electric textile mill in the world. Featuring art, history, natural history and technology exhibits the grounds hold over 70,000 pieces for visitors to see.
The museum can be toured privately or in groups and guided tours are available as well. Four stories of history rest within the mill in addition to the Cotton Mill Exchange museum shop located on the premises. Visitors should allow ample time to browse this top museum when visiting the Upcountry region of South Carolina.
As you explore downtown Columbia in South Carolina's capital region, be sure to visit the University of South Carolina. Established in 1801, SC, as it is commonly known amongst locals, is a public university and is the flagship school of the University of South Carolina System. SC students choose from over 350 degree programs, and they enjoy a sprawling downtown Columbia campus.
The University of South Carolina is noted as housing the largest Ernest Hemingway literature collection in the world. Be sure to visit SC's historic Horseshoe where the first campus building was erected in 1805. You'll also have access to the McKissick Museum, Maxcy Monument, and the Longstreet Theatre. Enjoy your visit to Columbia in central South Carolina.
College football fans in South Carolina know it as "The Cock Pit," as Williams-Brice Stadium plays host to all home games of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks football team. Visit Columbia on your next trek through SC and check out an exciting Gamecocks football game at Williams-Brice Stadium, neatly located just minutes from the SC campus in downtown Columbia.
Opened in 1934, Williams-Brice Stadium originally sat 17,600 fans, but after a hand full of renovations and upgrades, the latest coming in 1996, "The Cock Pit," as it's also known, now seats 80,250 – not including standing room only areas. Williams-Brice Stadium originally featured a grass playing field up until 1969, when the field was swapped for for AstroTurf. It remained AstroTurf until 1984, when it was changed back to natural grass and remains as such today.
The family home of the 28th President of The United States, Woodrow Wilson, sits as one of Columbia’s most notable historic sites. Constructed in 1872, the home features just under two acres of gardens including both vegetable and flowerbeds. The Historic Columbia Foundation has completed the first phase of its restoration of this Italian style villa and is conducting tours of the home in its current state.
The Wilson Family Home is one of only six historic sites in Columbia, South Carolina. The Modjeska Monteith Simkins House, another house in the Upcountry region, has a strong tie to the state’s civil war history as it belonged to what some refer to as the matriarch of civil rights in South Carolina. Each of these sites hold significance to the rich history of both the state and the capital city of Columbia, most notably the Woodrow Wilson Family Home.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.20 mile(s) from James E Clyburn Technology Center
- 6.60 mile(s) from Charlie W. Johnson Stadium, Benedict College football stadium
- 6.70 mile(s) from Monkey Joe's, children's inflatable play center
- 8.70 mile(s) from Columbia Museum of Art
- 8.70 mile(s) from Richland County Public Library
- 9.00 mile(s) from South Carolina State House, capitol center
- 9.10 mile(s) from Nickelodeon Theater, art House Film Theater
- 9.10 mile(s) from downtown Columbia, historic areas
- 9.30 mile(s) from Arsenal Hill Park Building, historic arsenal site of t he Civil War Era with a walking trail
- 9.40 mile(s) from Koger Center for the Arts
- 9.50 mile(s) from Carolina Coliseum, event venue
- 9.70 mile(s) from Colonial Life Arena, event venue
- 10.30 mile(s) from West Columbia Riverwalk, extensive trail along the Congaree River
- 10.80 mile(s) from South Carolina State Fairgrounds
- 14.60 mile(s) from Frankie's Fun Park
- 15.00 mile(s) from Williams Brice Stadium, USC football stadium
- 15.20 mile(s) from Lake Murray
- 1.30 mile(s) from Richland Fashion Mall
- 1.90 mile(s) from Columbia Place Mall
- 4.00 mile(s) from Spring Valley
- 6.00 mile(s) from Village of Sandhill
- 6.00 mile(s) from Forest Acres
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 10.90 mile(s) from Blythewood
- 11.20 mile(s) from West Columbia
- 13.30 mile(s) from Cayce
- 16.50 mile(s) from Irmo
- 19.30 mile(s) from Lexington
- 21.80 mile(s) from Lugoff
- 25.90 mile(s) from Camden
- 47.20 mile(s) from Newberry
- 50.40 mile(s) from Sumter
- 52.60 mile(s) from Orangeburg
- 53.30 mile(s) from Lancaster
- 60.50 mile(s) from Aiken
- 61.10 mile(s) from Rock Hill
- 72.70 mile(s) from Florence
- 79.80 mile(s) from Augusta, Georgia
- 85.50 mile(s) from Charlotte, North Carolina
- 97.50 mile(s) from Spartanburg
- 103 mile(s) from Summerville
- 108 mile(s) from Greenville
- 125 mile(s) from Charleston
- 140 mile(s) from Myrtle Beach
- 158 mile(s) from Fayetteville, North Carolina
- 168 mile(s) from Savannah, Georgia
- 170 mile(s) from Athens, Georgia
- 219 mile(s) from Atlanta, Georgia
- 0.40 mile(s) from Aetna, insurance company
- 1.60 mile(s) from Companion Property & Casualty Group, insurance
- 2.30 mile(s) from Richland County School District 2
- 3.30 mile(s) from Palmetto GBA LLC
- 3.60 mile(s) from Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Company
- 5.80 mile(s) from Schneider Electric
- 6.20 mile(s) from Fort Jackson training base
- 6.50 mile(s) from Sisters of Charity Providence Hospital
- 7.50 mile(s) from South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- 7.60 mile(s) from Computer Sciences Corporation
- 8.30 mile(s) from South Carolina Department of Transportation
- 8.50 mile(s) from Palmetto Health Baptist, hospital
- 8.80 mile(s) from SCANA Communications
- 9.10 mile(s) from City of Columbia
- 9.80 mile(s) from Dorn Veterans Administration Medical Center
- 10.10 mile(s) from Richland County District
- 11.60 mile(s) from Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC
- 11.70 mile(s) from Honeywell
- 0.10 mile(s) from Centura College
- 1.40 mile(s) from Virginia College
- 2.20 mile(s) from University of Phoenix
- 2.30 mile(s) from Southern Wesleyan University
- 3.10 mile(s) from Webster University
- 3.50 mile(s) from South University
- 6.30 mile(s) from Columbia College, women's college
- 6.60 mile(s) from Benedict College
- 7.40 mile(s) from Allen University
- 8.00 mile(s) from Columbia International University
- 9.30 mile(s) from Midlands Technical College
- 9.40 mile(s) from University of South Carolina Columbia Campus
- 10.50 mile(s) from Strayer University
- 11.30 mile(s) from ITT Technical College
- 11.50 mile(s) from Fortis College
- 11.60 mile(s) from Remington College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 3.70 mile(s) from Greenview Park, tennis park
- 3.90 mile(s) from Sesquicentennial State Park
- 5.90 mile(s) from Plex Indoor Sports, indoor sports arena
- 6.00 mile(s) from Mays Park, tennis park
- 6.40 mile(s) from Charles R Drew Wellness Center, recreational indoor facility with an indoor pool
- 7.90 mile(s) from Earlewood Park, tennis park
- 9.10 mile(s) from Finlay Park, outdoor park with a trail
- 9.60 mile(s) from Maxcy Gregg Park
- 9.60 mile(s) from Heathwood Park, tennis park
- 9.80 mile(s) from Columbia Tennis Center
- 10.00 mile(s) from Woodland Park
- 10.20 mile(s) from Hampton Park
- 11.30 mile(s) from Owens Field Skate Park
- 12.20 mile(s) from Southwest Park
- Adjacent to Waffle House, full service, American, open for: breakfast
- Across the street from Lizard's Thicket, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, provides a country cooking menu.
- Across the street from Hooters, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Outback Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: dinner
- Across the street from Fazoli's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from IHOP, full service, American, open for: breakfast
- Across the street from Chili's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from Harbor Inn, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.70 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.30 mile(s) from Ryan's, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.70 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.80 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.10 mile(s) from Arby's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.20 mile(s) from Golden Corral, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Columbia. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean