BEST WESTERN Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel
9551 N Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-4005
Phone: 843/213-1440 | Fax: 843/213-1446 | 90 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel welcomes you to the best place to shop, dine, and play in Myrtle Beach.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel is located on Highway 17, at the North end of Myrtle Beach, Only 2 miles from the beach, it's just a few minute drive and is close to Barefoot Landing, Tanger Outlets, Carolina Opry Show, The new Pirates Voyage, Club 2001, Myrtle Beach Hospital, championship golf courses, great beaches, and what is known as Restaurant Row. If you want to enjoy all the fun and excitement of Broadway at the Beach or the all new Boardwalk ... then only expect to travel a few miles. Our central location makes the BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel the perfect place to stay and play!
After experiencing our free deluxe breakfast just ask our staff to assist you with dinner reservations or making plans to experience the many attractions, beaches, golf, and tours offered by Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, and Grand Strand Areas.
After a long day of play in the sun, relax next to our seasonal outdoor pool which is open till 10:00 p.m. Our guest rooms offer a choice of a king or two double beds with the amenities that make you feel right at home.
For an unforgettable experience in Myrtle Beach, book a stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel today. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, includes make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagles, English muffins, white & wheat bread, sweet breads, cereals, fruits, yogurt, juice, milk, tea, & coffee. (Menu items vary by day)
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility, 24 hour, free
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, available on the 2nd floor
- Dry cleaning, same day if to the front desk before 8 a.m. will be returned by 6 p.m.
- Safe deposit box
- Cable television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services
- Theater ticket desk, at front desk
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Hearing impaired services TDD Phones
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus myrtle beach hotel in Myrtle Beach.
BEST WESTERN Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus myrtle beach hotel in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 33.775435 / Latitude: -78.796835
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Hwy 17 North. Take Highway 17 north through Myrtle Beach, after passing the new Pirates Voyage go over the bridge and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel will be on the left.
From: Hwy 17 South. Take Highway 17 south go through North Myrtle Beach and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel will be on the right just before where Bypass & Business 17 split.
From: 501 through Aynor. From 501, if you just came through Aynor take Highway 22 east, stay on that till it ends and take the Highway 17 S exit, stay on 17 south and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel is two miles on your right.
From: 501 through Conway. If coming in on 501 and you are through Conway just past Carolina Forest is Highway 31 north take that to Highway 22 east follow that to the end and exit onto Highway 17 south and The BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel will be two miles on right after getting on Highway 17 south.
From: Hwy 9 East. Take Highway 9 until you get to Highway 31 south, stay on that and exit onto Highway 22 east, stay on Highway 22 east and exit onto Highway 17 south, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel will be two miles on the right after getting onto Highway 17 south.
BEST WESTERN Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Covering 350 acres, Broadway at the Beach is a shopping district located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina coast. Set on Lake Broadway, Broadway yields over 20 restaurants, more than 150 shops, plus kid’s attractions and nightclubs.
This Broadway at the Beach entertainment district is home to Ripley's Aquarium, WonderWorks, the Vault Laser Maze, and much more. Opened in 1996, Broadway also features thrill rides, live converts, and a movie theater.
The Brookgreen Gardens are an Ideal Destination
Set on the Murrells Inlet, Brookgreen Gardens is both a zoological park and sculpture garden located on Pawleys Island.
Established in 1932, Brookgreen Gardens is a U.S. National Historic Landmark District listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The site features nearly 1,500 stunning sculptures, the Lowcountry Zoo and center, boat tours, and much more.
Founded by Calvin Gilmore, the Carolina Opry is a performing arts venue set in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina Coast. Established in 1986, the Carolina Opry is a two-hour show of rock and country music, plus comedy, dancing, and all around fun.
Awarded with the Governor’s Cup, the Carolina Opry is a combination of the former of the original theater in Surfside Beach, and the Dixie Jubilee theater in North Myrtle Beach. Other shows include Good Vibrations, and Carolina Opry Christmas Special – the Christmas Show of the South.
Established in 1994, Children's Museum of South Carolina is located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina Coast. Open throughout the year, CMSC features dozens of interactive exhibits, plus the Digitalis Planetarium.
Displays at the Children's Museum of South Carolina include local exhibits like the South Carolina Fossil Hunt and Discover South Carolina. Other interactive showcases include Recycling Center, Gem Mining, Flora's Farmers Market, and Express Yourself Art Center.
Established in 1954, Coastal Carolina University is a public, four-year university set in the coastal city of Conway. Only minutes from Myrtle Beach, CCU features a 630-acre campus, enrolling just over 10,000 students, engaging in a variety of liberal arts studies.
Students enjoy a variety of campus activities, including Greek life and the Horry County Schools Scholars Academy. When they don’t have their noses in the books, many students enjoy cheering on the CCU Chanticleers of the Sun Belt Conference.
Free to the public, the Family Kingdom Amusement Park is a South Carolina coast theme park located in Myrtle Beach. Open from Good Friday to Labor Day, the Family Kingdom park boasts 37 rides on 13 acres.
Family Kingdom Amusement Park features the Swamp Fox wooden coaster, the O.D. Hopkins Log Flume, and the Family Kingdom's Giant Wheel. Home to Splashes Oceanfront Water Park, FKAP also offers kiddie rides, food, and games.
Located along South Carolina’s Atlantic coast, the Georgetown County Museum presents a great deal of history and culture near Myrtle Beach. Guests are invited to visit the museum and discover some of the state’s vast history with exhibits like Native American Collection, Sport Fishing Collection, Military Room, and so much more.
Depending on when you visit the Georgetown County Museum, the museum just might be hosting an informative and fun-filled event. Don’t miss frequent oral history lectures as well as guided tours to get the most of your visit.
Featuring a wealth of history and comfort, the Hammock Shops Village in Georgetown attracts visitors year-round to South Carolina’s scenic coast. Just south of Myrtle Beach, the hammock village opened in 1938, and offers visitors more than just hammocks.
Today, guests visit the village for the surrounding nature, unique shopping, dining, and even catching a glimpse of how the iconic lounge chair is crafted. The formula may have changed since Captain Joshua John Ward made the first hammock in 1889, but that hasn’t kept Hammock Shops Village from being a must-see destination.
Don't Miss the Hopsewee Plantation House
The house was built nearly 40 years before the Revolutionary War, and houses plenty of South Carolina history.
Although the house is still a private residence, visitors frequently enjoy viewing the historic home’s surrounding scenery, featuring hanging moss-trees along the Golden River.
View original décor, take tours of the home, and be sure to visit during one of the plantation’s many elegant events.
Located along the South Carolina coast, just twelve miles from Myrtle Beach, Huntington Beach State Park makes for an ideal summer destination. Park visitors enjoy programs in the Environmental Education Center and the opportunity to view loggerhead turtles up close. Bring your camera to snap a shot of an alligator in the freshwater lake or bring your binoculars to look for some of the 300 species of birds.
Those ready for a behind-the-scenes-look at the park can participate in the Coastal Exploration program. During the program, visitors join the park staff to view alligators and explore the nature trails and marshes. Drive along Ocean Highway to enjoy the ocean breeze in the Palmetto State.
Located along South Carolina’s Atlantic coast, the Kaminski House Museum is a delightful destination near Myrtle Beach in Georgetown. Visitors frequently enjoying taking in the architecture, antiques, and outstanding history present on the plantation’s expansive grounds.
During your visit, take a guided tour and sample some of the history and life in the 18th century, as told by knowledgeable curators. Moreover, the Kaminski House Museum hosts a variety of informative events throughout the year as well.
Set on Fantasy Way, the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament is located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina coast. Take a break from the Atlantic Ocean and head to Myrtle Beach Castle – you can’t miss it. On any visit to Myrtle Beach, be sure to make a trip to Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament.
Found at the entrance to Free Style MusicPark, the Medieval Times' Myrtle Beach Castle offers medieval-style live entertainment, hearty fare for dinner, and full bar service. Have a blast at Medieval Time – it's one of the most ideal ways to ensure your visit to Myrtle Beach is a roaring success.
Enjoy fun-filled days in South Carolina. Plan your next trip into the Palmetto State and head for the coast – a stroll along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk awaits. Though SC has a wide array of must-see attractions and destinations – from the Civil War historical sites to the many impressive parks – few things will be as fun as your visit to the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
Opened in 2010, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is a 1.2-mile stretch along the Atlantic Ocean from 1st Avenue to 14th Avenue. The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk features a wide selection of shops, eateries, and night life fun. During your stroll along this impressive boardwalk, don't miss a chance to see the Myrtle Beach Pavilion.
A public-use airpark, Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) is located at the Myrtle Beach Air Force Base – set in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina Coastal Region. Formerly Myrtle Beach Jetport, MYR is owned and operated by Horry County,
A focus city for Spirit Airlines, MYR is served by major airlines like Allegiant, Delta, Porter, Spirit, United, US Airways, and WestJet. MYR covers 3,795 acres encompassing one runway and the Dr. W.L. Harrelson Terminal – housing seven gates.
Be Sure to Ride the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel
Completed in 2011, the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel stands at 187 feet – making it North America’s second tallest Ferris wheel. Located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina coast, the SkyWheel is found on Oceanfront Boardwalk & Promenade.
The Myrtle Beach SkyWheel yields incredible views of the Atlantic Ocean shore, plus lunch at LandShark Bar & Grill and shopping SurfShack and the rest of the 1.2-mile Oceanfront Boardwalk.
There are many ways to enjoy a stay in Myrtle Beach, and the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel may just be one of the best.
Located in Myrtle Beach, along South Carolina’s scenic coastline, the Myrtle Beach Speedway delights NASCAR and other race fans year round. The track was built in 1958, and still hosts some of the big-name race events in the region.
Some past race events held at Myrtle Beach Speedway include renowned races like the Busch Series 2000, now known as the Nationwide Series. Currently the track hosts the Myrtle Beach 400, NASCAR Racing Experience, and many others.
See the Pier at Myrtle Beach State Park
Families visiting Myrtle Beach will enjoy a long list of outdoor recreational activities with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Enjoy world-class fishing from both the pier or surf fishing and crabbing. Active vacationers also enjoy the hiking and mountain biking trails traversing the park grounds.
Swimming is permitted on the beach as well, complete with Horry County lifeguards. Equestrian travelers, don't forget to utilize the equestrian trails for horseback riding.
Open May through September, Myrtle Waves Water Park is located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina coast. Take a chlorinated break from the Atlantic Ocean and hit the Ocean In Motion Wave Pool, LayZee River, and the Bubble Bay.
Thrill seekers, head to Myrtle Waves for the 10-story Turbo Twisters, the 20-foot Super Chute, plus Snake Mountain, Thunderbolts, and Night Flight. Kids love the Caribbean-themed Saturation Station, while eateries include Island Café and Sharkey’s Snack Shack.
NASCAR SpeedPark tracks include the Family 500, the Intimidator, and Thunder Road – plus thrill jaunts like the Skycoaster, and kiddie rides like Sparkie's Express. More than 50 games of simulated excitement is found in the SpeedDome arcade, while two Nascar-themed mini golf courses features a total of 36 racy holes.
Encompassing 6,400 square feet, the Palace Theatre is located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina Coast coast within the Broadway at the Beach facility. PT is topped by the iconic golden dome – though it's more of a green.
Palace consists of the 140-seat King’s Theatre, and the 2,600-seat Main Auditorium – the box office for which is open daily at 9 a.m. All together spread over 20 acres, the Palace Theatre offers music, comedy, dance, and plays – plus is available for private bookings.
Pirates Voyage Dinner Attraction features weekend shows, plus Friday and Wednesday night performances. PV offers the Four-Course Pirate Feast while a large stage showcases Myrtle Beach’s pirated past.
Located along South Carolina’s Atlantic coast, the Rice Museum, known locally as the “Town Clock,” features a wealth of delightful, southern charm and history near Myrtle Beach in Georgetown. Peruse the museum and get a good glimpse of the plentiful dioramas, maps, artifacts, and more, all circa 18th century.
This museum houses plenty of exhibits and galleries catering to specific trades and historic eras. Be sure to check out the Agricultural Society, the Rice in Georgetown County exhibit, and the Old Market and Kaminski Hardware Buildings – among many others.
Ripley's Aquarium is a favored Myrtle Beach attraction, located in Broadway-at-the-Beach. This impressive 85,000 square foot aquarium contains a wonderful variety of exhibits and displays. The new "Jaw-some" exhibit, "Sharks – Perfect Predators" features more than 12 shark species and 30 hands-on interactive displays.
Take your time strolling through Rio Amazon, Dangerous Reef, Stingray Bay, Systems Control, Living Gallery, Touch-A-Ray Bay, Rainbow Rock and Discovery Center.
Have fun exploring it all. Stop in the Cargo Hold Gift Shop to shop for a remembrance of your visit or grab a snack in the Feeding Frenzy Eatery. This coastal aquarium also offers educational classes, marine camps, swimming with sting rays and sleep-overs with the sharks.
Located off of the shores of Myrtle Beach along South Carolina’s coastal region, the Second Avenue Pier offers endless amounts of maritime fun for the entire family. Aside from unbeatable views of the Atlantic Ocean, the pier also offers anglers a great place to reel in flounder, king mackerel, and barracuda.
If you don’t plan on catching your own lunch or dinner, stop by the 2nd Avenue Restaurant and Bar or Pier House Restaurant for delicious dining and casual atmosphere. The Open Air Bar, also on the pier, offers an unmatched combination of good times and dazzling views of the sunset.
Located along South Carolina’s Atlantic coast, the South Carolina Maritime Museum acts as an informative and charming stop near Myrtle Beach in Georgetown. The facility houses plenty of displays and exhibits, some of which include actual vessels from the early 1700s and beyond.
Moreover, the South Carolina Maritime Museum features the Browns Ferry Vessel, the oldest vessel on exhibit in the country. Also, be sure and explore the Georgetown Lighthouse, the oldest remaining active lighthouse in South Carolina.
Located along South Carolina’s Atlantic coast, the Stewart-Park House gives visitors an up-close and personal view into South Carolina’s historic past. The house is located in Georgetown, which is just south of Myrtle Beach.
The house was built around 1740, and features accurate reproductions of the original furnishings. The first floor of the home is available for weddings, meetings, and events. Today, the home is owned and operated by the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America.
Also known as Pelicans Ballpark, TicketRetun.com Field is a 6,600-seat baseball stadium located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina Coast. Open in 1999, the ballpark is home to the Myrtle Beach Pelicans minor league baseball team.
Owned by the City of Myrtle Beach – and managed by the Myrtle Beach Professional Baseball Club – Pelicans Ballpark also hosts the Bi-Lo Myrtle Beach Marathon finish line, and tournaments like the Baseball At The Beach event.
TicketReturn.com Field was also the filming site for the third season of Eastbound & Down.
Pack your clubs and visit the coast of South Carolina. True Blue Plantation remains one of "America's 100 Greatest Public Courses" as noted by Golf Digest. The fairways along the rolling terrain of this par-72 championship course, were built upon the historic rice and indigo plantation.
Practice your best swing on the 18-acre practice facility, visit the learning center or stroll through the pro shop to browse the selection of items.
Settle in for a great stay in Myrtle Beach. Listen to the ocean's waves as they reach the coast while enjoying excellent guest amenities. Whether you relax on the beach, play golf, dine on seafood or go shopping, there is much to do along the popular South Carolina coast.
A family-friendly spot, WonderWorks Myrtle Beach is located in Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina coast. Found within the Broadway at the Beach shopping district, WonderWorks is a highly interactive science museum and theme park.
WonderWorks Myrtle Beach simulates natural disasters, deep space, and science labs with exhibits like the Hurricane Shack, Tesla Coil, Space Zone, Mind Ball and more.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Comedy Cabana, number one comedy club in Myrtle Beach
- 0.90 mile(s) from Carolina Opry, two hours of critically acclaimed music, comedy, and dance, presenting four award-winning live entertainment experiences: The Carolina Opry, Good Vibrations, The Carolina Opry Christmas, and LIGHT Laser Extravaganza.
- 0.90 mile(s) from Pirates Voyage, features a buccaneer battle with a pirate feast you don't want to miss.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Club 2001, dance the night away with three clubs in one.
- 4.00 mile(s) from House of Blues, home to many great live concerts, dining, Murder Mystery Theatre, & Gospel Brunch.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Alligator Adventure, find yourself face to face with natures fiercest and most beautiful animals.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Alabama Theater, many shows geared towards families, guest artists, traditional country music.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Ripley's® Aquarium, discover the world under the ocean. Pet the sting rays, see the sharks, and much more. Live mermaid dive shows summer of 2012.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Skywheel, situated as a centerpiece of the 1.2 mile-long Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade, the Skywheel is surrounded by some tasty eats, great shopping and the pristine sands of the Atlantic.
- 7.50 mile(s) from The Palace Theater, various different shows all worth seeing
- 7.50 mile(s) from Legends In Concert, a great show; just like seeing the performers themselves.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Myrtle Beaches' Baseball Team
- 7.70 mile(s) from WonderWorks, began as a Top Secret research laboratory on a remote island in the Bermuda Triangle. As legend has it, the world's greatest scientists led by Professor Wonder were given the task of creating a man-made tornado and harnessing the power of it. During this experiment, something went awry and the power of the tornado was unleashed throughout the laboratory. This created a swirling vortex that was strong enough to rip the laboratory from its foundation. It was carried thousands of miles away and landed upside-down on the top of a crab shack in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Remarkably, all of the experiments remained intact and functional.
- 8.70 mile(s) from Family Kingdom Parks, ocean front water park with adjacent amusement park. No entry fee, purchase a wristband for a day of fun or individual tickets per ride.
- 10.50 mile(s) from La Belle Amie Vineyard, enjoy wine tasting, music and much more
- 10.50 mile(s) from Medieval Times®, watch knights battling it out while enjoying a knightly feast.
- 14.00 mile(s) from SunCruz Aquasino, try your luck on the boat with many casino games slots, cards, etc.
- 14.00 mile(s) from The Big M Casino, try your luck on the boat with many casino games slots, cards, etc.
- 25.50 mile(s) from Brookgreen Gardens, enjoy the beautiful sights of the gardens & lights.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Galleria, retail stores
- 2.00 mile(s) from Tanger Outlet, shopping at outlet prices
- 2.00 mile(s) from Myrtle Beach Mall, shopping mall
- 4.00 mile(s) from Barefoot Landing, shopping and dining
- 7.50 mile(s) from Broadway at the Beach, great shopping and dining including IMAX theater, Hard Rock Cafe and much more
- 10.00 mile(s) from Coastal Grand Mall, shopping mall and dining
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- Across the street from Comedy Cabana, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, comedy club
- Across the street from California Original Pizza, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, indoor game zone
- Across the street from Rossi's Italian Restauran, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Giant Crab, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Hibachi Grill, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from Backyard Grill and Lounge, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.60 mile(s) from Chucks Steak House, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.70 mile(s) from Hot Stacks, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Thoroughbreds, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Italian Pub, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Cagney's, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, steak and seafood
- 1.00 mile(s) from Miyabi, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Applebee's®, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from K & W Cafeteria, buffet, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.40 mile(s) from Ruth Chris, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 1.60 mile(s) from Collectors Cafe, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 1.60 mile(s) from Subway®, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.70 mile(s) from Liberty Tap Room, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN Plus Myrtle Beach Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Myrtle Beach. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean